[darwinbuild] darwinxref

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Thu Jan 5 20:19:10 PST 2006

Technically, yes, there is a way.  The 'darwinxref loadFiles' command
will parse a text file that contains lost of entries in the following
form:

# BUILD 8F46
awk:
         /usr/bin/awk
         /usr/local/OpenSourceLicenses/awk.txt
         /usr/local/OpenSourceVersions/awk.plist
         /usr/share/man/man1/awk.1

So if you have such a text file, you can import that prior to
building anything, and then the darwinxref findFile will work.
(darwinxref exportFiles will export a text file in this format from
an existing darwinxref database).

That being said, I haven't gotten around to distributing these files
yet.  I suppose the right thing to do would be to put them up on
opendarwin.org, and automatically download it and loadFiles during
'darwinbuild -init'.  Look for that feature in 0.7.3 ;-)

- Kevin