[darwinbuild-dev] How to find build version difference

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Thu Jan 17 18:29:09 PST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 6:08 PM, William Siegrist wrote:

> Thanks again for contributing, but there were a couple bugs:
>
> 1. You were printing projectName1 is all 3 cases instead of
> projectName2 in the 3rd case
> 2. If the 2 builds didnt have the same last project, an infinite
> loop would occur.
>
> I modified your code to fix both of these, so could you review my
> version and let me know what you think?

Looks good.  I think #2 was a bug in the algorithm I originally
suggested.

A minor nit (and probably new to those of you who aren't familiar with
CF) is that any of the values returned from a function with "Copy" or
"Create" in the name technically should be freed with a call to
CFRelease(), otherwise the memory will be leaked.

Not a big deal, since the darwinxref process isn't long lived, but
it's good practice.

- Kevin