[darwinbuild-dev] xcodebuild errors out because it cannot find a valid Xcode project

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Tue May 6 19:40:47 PDT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Ryan Spaulding wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I am getting an xcodebuild error when darwinbuild is trying to build
> IOKitUser because it cannot find the xcode project file. When am not
> chrooted I can run xcodebuild and it runs fine. I also chrooted by
> hand and tried and got the same error.
>
> Any ideas, I am new to darwinbuild.

You are hitting <http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/1>.

I'm trying to find a workaround, but can't say when that'll happen. If
you're good with dtrace, you might try tracing the process and see
what the difference is between the two cases.  So far the biggest
difference is you get a lot of open*() calls for volfs when it works,
and none, if any, when its in a chroot and fails.

-Bill