[darwinbuild-dev] xcodebuild requires version 150.0.0 or later, but CoreFoundation provides version 1.0.0

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Wed May 28 14:16:48 PDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 8:05 AM, probono wrote:

> Please help me with a DarwinBuild error I keep getting. I have
> re-installed DarwinBuild from SVN, and initialized a fresh 9C31 build
> environment, which I then have populated with all available binary
> roots. I am able to build most projects successfully, but those that
> require xcodebuild keep throwing following error:
>
> Build log begins here:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/
> CoreFoundation
>  Referenced from: /Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild
>  Reason: Incompatible library version: xcodebuild requires version
> 150.0.0 or later, but CoreFoundation provides version 1.0.0
>
> I am running this on a Leopard system with Xcode 3 installed.
>
> I do *not* get this error when using -nochroot.
> Could this have anything to do with CF vs. CF-Lite?

I added binary_sites properties to the plists for 9B18 and 9C31 which
fixes the -load problem I had earlier on IRC. I actually get a
different, known, error when trying to build bless, which is missing
headers for AvailabillityMacros.h.  I'll be releasing a new project to
work around that soon.

If I -load the CF (Lite) root, then I get the dyld missing
_NSGenericException symbol error you mentioned. This would seem like a
mismatch between the host Foundation.framework (copied in by
installXcode) and the CF Lite loaded via darwinbuild. I think this
problem is mostly avoidable if the first issue with
AvailabilityMacros.h is fixed. Then you can use the headers from the
host to build other projects (ie: dont -load CF).

-Bill