[darwinbuild-dev] From scratch

Aladin aladin at puredarwin.org
Wed Dec 2 13:55:17 PST 2009

You're facing "the chicken or the egg problem".

A simple example to illustrate is:
you want to compile a compiler version 2 with a compiler version 1.
Then when the version 2 has been compiled, you will use it to compile
the compiler version 2.
etc..

This is why you need to load some binaryroots (prebuild) in order to
be able to build something inside your buildchroot. Then (if you are
lucky ;)), you can rebuild the binaryroots you took to be able to
build something and (re)load them.

There is no "Darwin from scratch" manual from what I know.

Best,
Aladin.