[darwinbuild-dev] Build System Changes

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Tue Nov 3 16:35:29 PST 2009

The Darwin8 and Darwin9 branches will still build a ppc slice by default. If you want to build trunk (Darwin10 support) for ppc, you can just override the ARCHS variable. In fact, you can override any of the settings like this (in case you want a different PREFIX, LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS, or whatever).

$ sudo xcodebuild install DSTROOT=/ ARCHS="i386 x86_64 ppc"

Note that Darwin10 + ppc support are untested. Please report back to the list if it works or not.

-Bill