[darwinbuild-dev] tokend build

Thomas Engelmeier te.mlists at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:22:43 PST 2010

Am 25.01.2010 um 19:13 schrieb r c:

> I am new to darwinbuild and starting with something that I think should be simple.  I need to create a tokend driver, so to start with I am just building the sample - as documented in "Building Toeknd Using darwinbuild".
>
> However, the build does not just work.  To start with, it is unable to find <security_utilities/adornments.h> or <security_utilities/refcount.h>.  There are also several frameworks that appear to be missing:
>
> security_cdsa_client
> security_cdsa_utilities
> security_utilities
> security
> securityTokend
>
> I thought I followed the directions to the letter, but I appear to have missed something.  Any thoughts, help, or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
>
> I am running 10.6.2 with darwin 10A432.  The boot drive is only being used for this development, so beyond the steps to build the sample tokend, it is an updated basic Snow Leopard system.

You're trying to build the project with Xcode. Even if you create an Composite SDK with those frameworks, and manage to compile and link, I'm not aware of an way to get a non-crashing tokend that way on Snow Leopard.

My recommendation is:
- chmod your darwinbuild Sources directory so you can write to it
- uncompresss the .zip'ed tokend sources there
- modify them there and use "darwinbuild tokend" for building.

Regards,
	Tom_E