[darwinbuild-dev] Startup problem

David Lee david.lee at vicom.com
Thu May 5 09:40:35 PDT 2011

Bill,

Unfortunately, I no longer have the output.  If i remember correctly, however, I did make an error in following the procedure.  After creating the build directory, I moved the kernel sources into a subdirectory of the build directory and typed:

# opt/local/bin/darwinbuild xnu

Without having prepped the build directory.  This failed, of course. I then typed:

# opt/local/bin/darwinbuild -init xnu
# cd xnu
# opt/local/bin/darwinbuild xnu

and received the output provided before.  Should I just clean up and start over without this error?  I didn't think much about it at the time.  It didn't seem important to me.

David Lee