[launchd-dev] launchd: changes with 10.4.10?

Peter Craddock peter at craddock.be
Tue Aug 21 00:54:42 PDT 2007

Dear sir, dear madam, dear all,

I recently discovered the existence of "authsight" ( http://
www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2006120918170984 and http://
www.zdziarski.com/projects/authsight/ ), a Daemon that enables the
user to track failed login attempts by taking an iSight picture of
the person who enters a wrong password (and then possibly e-mailing
it). Unfortunately, authsight stopped working with Mac OS 10.4.10 (it
only works after the login window has been successfully passed [after
some modification]), and so I wonder if it is due to any changes in
the way launchd handles files. I noticed on the "launchd-dev"
archives a few e-mail exchanges about resource limits, could that be
related? If so, I will gladly wait Leopard.
Otherwise, I'll probably try to see about StartupItems, if they will
get it to work somehow.

In the meantime, any thoughts?

Best regards,

Peter Craddock

———————
Peter Craddock
44 rue de Linthout, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
Mobile: +32477/132453
Phone: +322/736.95.88
Fax: +322/736.87.83
peter at craddock.be