[launchd-dev] Cross-job coalescing

Jeremy Reichman jaharmi at jaharmi.com
Wed Dec 5 07:02:13 PST 2007

On 12/5/07 3:58 AM, "Kevin Van Vechten" <kvv at apple.com> wrote:

> Launchd does not run multiple instances of the same job.  Instead each
> of the criteria listed in the launchd plist is a reason to start the
> job only if the job is not already running.
>
> StartCalendarInterval supports an array of dictionaries -- you could
> specify both a nightly time and a weekly time in the same plist,
> either one of which will cause the job to be run, but not twice when
> the nightly and weekly times coincide.

I've thought about having multiple schedules, but haven't tried it.

What about mixing a StartCalendarInterval with StartInterval? Or any of the
*Interval keys with WatchPaths or QueueDirectories? Can that also be done,
and if so are their differences between Tiger and Leopard? Just curious.

Thanks!

--
Jeremy