[launchd-dev] Run job when network configuration changes

Jeremy Reichman jaharmi at jaharmi.com
Wed Dec 5 07:04:39 PST 2007

On 12/5/07 4:02 AM, "Kevin Van Vechten" <kvv at apple.com> wrote:

> I agree this would be a very useful feature, but there are subtleties
> that complicate the implementation of what seems like a
> straightforward idea (for example, Launchd cannot be a direct client
> of SystemConfiguration without fear of deadlock as SystemConfiguration
> talks to the launchd-managed daemon configd).  Nevertheless, we are
> exploring ways to broaden the set of events that can be specified in a
> launchd plist.

I would be just as happy if there were a file that was consistently and
reliably modified during network changes, so that the WatchPaths key could
be used. I'm not aware of such a file and past discussions about this on the
MacEnterprise list haven't turned one up (to my recollection), but that
doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

--
Jeremy