[launchd-dev] launch cocoa-app (with gui) from launchd

Bob Kells bobkells at steelcape.com
Tue Dec 11 18:04:57 PST 2007

Problem may be resolved.
I'm looking at my code that issues the runModal call.
My NSAlert object is created within a loop that depends on the
number of alerts to display.  I was retain/releasing this object
within the loop.  I noticed that NSAlert is autoreleased, so I removed
the retain/release statements, and now I get my alert panels.
Again, this worked outside of launchd with the retain/release.
But now it appears to be working when launched from launchd.
My next step is to skip the script, and call it directly from launchd.
I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow...bob