[launchd-dev] Re: process dependancies

Joël Brogniart Joel.Brogniart at laposte.net
Mon Mar 12 23:58:57 PDT 2007

Le 13 mars 07 à 03:47, Dave Zarzycki a écrit :

> Is is right? Definitely not. Use of the "Sockets" key generally
> involves changes in the target program. In this case, the Java
> runtime engine and THEN your Java code. I have yet to see a Java
> runtime engine modified to be launchd aware.

So, SystemStartup items dependancies management is not so bad :-) At
least with all the non launchd aware applications out there or for
teams that don't dispose of enougth human resources nor competences
to rewrite a launchd aware version of a tool. I don't have the
competences to rewrite a JRE neither Tomcat, nor the Java web
application I manage :-( I'm just a system administrator which try
his best to make all these tools to work together and start correctly
after a server restart.

Thanks for your patience and informative responses.

Cheers.

Joël