[launchd-dev] bitlbee - xinetd to launchd

bpkroth bpkroth at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 8 20:17:22 PST 2007

>> Do you have any firewall magic installed or configured? Is a pre-
>> existing copy of the daemon already running?
>>
> I have! The build in one was on "set access for specific services and
> applications". But that's all, no ipfw stuff.
> If I turn it of, or if I put bitlbee manually in the list of allowed
> apps I can connect to it. BUT why am I not asked whether or not to
> allow the connection in the GUI? This feels like a GUI bug to me.

> But it works now. Thank you.

I'm still having this problem.  I see where to set "Allow all incoming
connection" and that also fixes it for me.  However, if I specify the
location of bitlbee and use "Set access for specific services and
applications" I still get the "bind() operation not permitted" error.  That
was all in Preferences -> Security -> Firewall.  Is there another place I
should be looking?

Thanks,
Brian