[launchd-dev] launchctl unload not working

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Thu Nov 29 17:28:05 PST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 5:12 PM, James Bucanek wrote:

> A helper is given a name that includes its user and a job number. So
> it would register a port with a name like "QRecallHelper.
> 501.6f3b21e0".

So then let me ask why you think that name has been registered in the
root bootstrap when it doesn't appear in the following output?

>>    echo 'per-user namespace'; launchctl bslist | fgrep -i qre
>>    echo 'root namespace'; sudo launchctl bslist | fgrep -i qre

>> per-user namespace
>> A  QRecallMonitor
>

>> root namespace
>> A  QRecallScheduler.501

As you've indicated NSConnection's registerName is succeeding, we can
probably assume that the name is being registered in _some_ bootstrap,
but some subtlety of your NSTask approach may be landing it in a
bootstrap that you don't expect.

- Kevin