[launchd-dev] Disabled in com.apple.periodic-daily.plist

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Mon Oct 29 00:23:37 PDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 12:09 AM, ksprotte wrote:

> I have seen a lot of talk about using launchd to run the periodic
> jobs.
> However, I could not find a comment about the Disabled flag. It seems
> that in the com.apple.periodic-daily.plist the Disabled flag is true
> by
> default.

com.apple.periodic-daily.plist does not contain the Disabled key on my
Leopard system.  Which system (`sw_vers -buildVersion`) are you seeing
this on?

> I am not sure what this actually means. Could someone explain, please?

If a property list contains the Disabled key with a value of true,
then launchctl(1) will not load the job at boot (and the job's label
will not be listed in `sudo launchctl list`).

- Kevin