[launchd-dev] MachServices

Quinn eskimo1 at apple.com
Tue Apr 1 04:34:13 PDT 2008

At 13:48 +0530 1/4/08, Pradip Patel wrote:
>I am using LaunchDaemons to execute daemon on Mac OS 10.5
>I am using IOKit in my daemons
>
>But while it executing daemons it give error in IOServiceOpen API at
>the time of boot
>
>So which services i have to add with MachServices property key

I think you're a bit in the weeds here.  Are you trying to connect to
a service or vend a service?  The MachServices property is only
relevant if you're trying to vend a Mach service.  You don't need to
put anything special in your launchd property list file to just
connect to a service.

Does this stuff work if you load your daemon post boot?  My best
guess, given the info above, is that you're trying to connect to an
I/O Kit service early in the boot process, and the service hasn't got
around to being registered yet.

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware