[launchd-dev] StartupItems

Quinn eskimo1 at apple.com
Wed Apr 2 02:05:39 PDT 2008

At 22:32 +0530 1/4/08, Pradip Patel wrote:
>but I developed startupitem too before which run on 10.4 but not on 10.5

There have not been major changes in startup items at the launchd
level.  However, Mac OS X 10.5 introduced major changes to other
aspects of process management, so it's easy to imagine a startup item
that worked on 10.4 but didn't work on 10.5.  However, without some
specific information to go on, we really can't offer any specific
advice.

If you're looking for information about the changes in process
management in 10.5, the best place to start is TN2083.

<http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2083.html>

Specifically, compare Figure 3 and Figure 6.

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware