[launchd-dev] Accessing keychain in a launchd process

Brad Reynolds bradleyjames at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:26:41 PDT 2008

Thanks for the reply Quinn.  I haven't seen that tech note.  I've got
some reading to do.

But to clarify, I don't necessarily want it to run in a GUI context.
I'm just wanting to authorize this script, when run via launchd, to
access the keychain.  A symptom of the my current problem is that it
can't display the GUI.  This occurs because the script doesn't have
access to the keychain.  I'd like to give it access beforehand so that
it is authorized and the GUI is avoided altogether.  When I run the
script from the command line it doesn't prompt for the password since
I've given it access.  But when run from launchd it tries to prompt,
thus the problem.

I'll give the document a read and if I can't figure it out I'll reply
again.  Thanks.

-bradr