[launchd-dev] LaunchAgent causing bug message in logs?

Tim Schooley tim at sbdev.net
Wed Aug 20 07:56:54 PDT 2008

Hi Dave,

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:48:58 -0700, Dave Zarzycki wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Are you sure that you copied/pasted the log line exactly?

All minus the com.mycompany.agent bit (I'm just protecting my job by hiding
internal details).

> Version
> 23585 of launchd doesn't have anything on line 5025 of
> launchd_core_logic.c that would generate this message. In any case, if
> you could provide a copy of your property-list file, we could probably
> diagnose this faster.

Righto:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>com.mycompany.agent</string>
    <key>OnDemand</key>
    <false/>
    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
    <true/>
    <key>KeepAlive</key>
    <dict>
        <key>SuccessfullExit</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
    <key>LimitLoadToSessionType</key>
    <string>Aqua</string>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>MyProg</string>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to
help.

Kind regards,

Tim