[launchd-dev] noob question you all can answer (Don Montalvo)

Nehemiah Dacres vivacarlie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:40:13 PDT 2008

It is a simple manor of stopping you from shooting your self in the foot. if
you log in as root, there will be no warnings to you from doing such things
as deleting core frameworks and the like. (this is from experience) Also,
not running as an administrative user to do everyday tasks like email would
keep you from being infected with trojans (there exist dangerous mac
malware!) without at least SOME input from you. enabling the root password
has been easiest way for me to use macports but thats me.

--

"lalalalala! it's not broken because I can use it"

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=194281&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=15927703