[launchd-dev] launchd and watchpath

Don Montalvo donmontalvo at mac.com
Sun Jun 8 07:07:33 PDT 2008

We would like to set up a folder on our Macs that forces incoming
files/folders to inherit permissions. Instead of ADL's, we'd like to
use launchd (and watchpath). I'm not familiar with launchd, so I think
this would be a good way to get my feet wet.

The shared folder would be:

	/Users/Shared/WORK

Each user would have an alias to it on their Desktop (created via
logout hook):

	~/Desktop/WORK

How can I set up launchd to watch this folder and ensure the contents
are always set to 777? I don't have experience with launchd. I toyed
with it in early Tiger days but there were issues with user launchd so
I gave it up and stuck with cron. I understand launchd works as
advertised on Leopard. Hoping it can help with this little project. :)

Thanks,
Don