[launchd-dev] Obtaining the value of SSH_AUTH_SOCK in an entry?

Chris Cleeland chris.cleeland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 04:53:54 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an entry for launchd that will fire off ssh
on-demand to create a tunnel.  I would like for the ssh to get
authentication information from ssh-agent, but I'm not sure if launchd
children inherit SSH_AUTH_SOCK in the environment, or if I somehow
have to designate that it gets it.

In the pre-leopard days when I used SSHKeyChain.app, the SSH_AUTH_SOCK
value was constant, and I could just set SSH_AUTH_SOCK in an
<EnvironmentVariables> declaration in the entry.

Thanks,
-cj