[launchd-dev] Diagnosing launchd daemon failure to launch

Iain Delaney iain.delaney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 07:46:15 PST 2008

Hello all,

	I was wondering if you could help me with a launchd issue I'm having
problems with. I've built my daemon and installed it in /Library/
PrivilegedHelperTools. I've made a launchd plist for it, and put the
plist in /Library/LaunchDaemons.

	Then I reboot, and run 'launchctl list' in the terminal. I can't see
my daemon; it appears that it didn't get loaded. If I then run
'launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons' and then run the 'list' again,
I can see the daemon with a pid. This tells me that the plist and the
file locations are okay, I think.

	I don't see anything in the console logs (I previously had problems
with the ownership of the plist, but that seems to be fixed).

	Would anyone have any idea what's going wrong, or how I can diagnose
the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Iain Delaney