[launchd-dev] Diagnosing launchd daemon failure to launch

Iain Delaney iain.delaney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:37:50 PST 2008

Ahh, that was the problem. So the real issue is that my daemon is
I'm trying to use Distributed Objects on top of UNIX Domain sockets.
The directory for the socket is /var/tmp, and the client and server
can communicate if I run both programs inside XCode. However, when I
move the daemon program to /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools and copy to
plist into /Library/LaunchDaemons everything stops working. The client
seems to be hanging while trying to connect to the socket.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Iain
At 10:46 -0500 5/11/08, Iain Delaney wrote:
 >Then I reboot, and run 'launchctl list' in the terminal.

Did you use "sudo launchctl list", or just "launchctl list"?  The
latter will show you the list of jobs for login session launchd, not
for the global launchd.

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware