[launchd-dev] Diagnosing launchd daemon failure to launch

Iain Delaney iain.delaney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:17:03 PST 2008

Hi Damien,
	Thanks for the feedback. I've looked at the SampleD code and plist,
but there's something I don't understand. I based my domain sockets
code on the code in the CFLocalServer sample program, and that code
uses a string constant for the socket path, shared between the client
and server. What is the purpose of putting the path in the daemon
plist? If I put the path in the plist, and the server gets it from
launchd, how does the client get to the socket?

Thanks for your help,

Iain Delaney