[launchd-dev] fork & exit in Shell Script (Revisited)

Charles Darwin darwinskernel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:32:32 PST 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 1:01 PM, Quinn wrote:

> At 12:51 -0500 19/11/08, Charles Darwin wrote:
>> LimitLoadToSessionType doesn't do it either.
>
> What do you mean by "doesn't do it".  I tested the launchd agent
> included in my previous email and, at least on my machine, it ran
> once at GUI login and in the GUI login context.
>
> S+E
> --

"it ran once at GUI login"; that's exactly what launchd does. A login
item runs "every time" the specified user logs in. So if user log out
(not booting the system just logging out useing "Log Out User…" under
Apple menu) and then logs back launchd does launch its job again (in
this case doesn't mount the afp) whereas a "login item" under user's
account settings (system preferences) relaunches whatever it launches
normally.

Charles