[launchd-dev] LaunchDaemon unable to launch and causing messages in log

pavan kumar pavankumar4uin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:18:18 PDT 2008

Hi Dave,

I checked that Group record is available. I used the command "dscl . read
/Groups/sysmac" and it has listed the proper information. I did a comparison
between the machines where this plist is working and non working machine but
I dont see any specific differences otherthan, there are three more groups
like com.apple.sharepoint.group.3, com.apple.sharepoint.group.4,
com.apple.sharepoint.group.5. But these seems to be linked with the
filesharing groups. Can there be any other reasons to get this error? Also
could you please tell me what exactly the error mean?

Thanks & Regards
Pavan

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Dave Zarzycki <zarzycki at apple.com> wrote:

> Pavan,
> Either the group record is missing on the machines in question, or launchd
> is getting confused by the combination of having the GroupName key without
> the presence of the UserName key.
>
> davez
>

> On Sep 12, 2008, at 8:42 AM, pavan kumar wrote:
>
> HI Dave,
>
> Please find attached the property-list to diagnose further. Basically while
> installation of my application, we will create a group sysmac. We are not
> seeing this issue on all machines. On only few machines, we are having this
> Launchd error occurring.
>
> Please help us in resolving this issue.
>
> Thanks
> Pavan
>

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Dave Zarzycki <zarzycki at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> Pavan,
>>
>> Please provide the property-list file you are using to help us diagnose
>> this further.
>>
>> davez
>>

>> On Sep 11, 2008, at 10:37 AM, pavan kumar wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> When I am trying to Launch my launchdaemon I am getting an error "Bug:
>>> launchd_core_logic.c:3011 (23585):0: initgroups(loginname, desired_gid) !=
>>> -1" and my daemon is not getting launched. Please let me know what is the
>>> reason for this error.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Pavan