[launchd-dev] Release build (solved)

Karl Moskowski kolpanic at voodooergonomics.com
Sat Aug 29 07:13:19 PDT 2009

On 28-Aug-09, at 6:24 PM, Steve Gehrman wrote:

> Looks like COPY_PHASE_STRIP was the problem.
>
> Is this flag needed?  It's been in my config file for years.

I had a similar problem a few months back, where codesign for an
embedded tool didn't work in the Release config. I filed a Radar, and
Apple engineering's reply was to change the following build settings
in the Release config:
- uncheck the "Strip Debug Symbols During Copy" for the Release
configuration (to prevent changing the binary after it has been code
signed);
- make sure the "Strip Linked Product" and "Deployment Postprocessing"
is checked for the Release configuration.

----
Karl Moskowski <kolpanic at voodooergonomics.com>
Voodoo Ergonomics Inc. <http://voodooergonomics.com/>