[launchd-dev] Is there anything that can prevent launchd from working

Dave Keck davekeck at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:04:31 PDT 2009

> Ok, understood.  The trouble is, ntpdate is failing then, and I have no way
> to get the date set to 1969.  Any attempts to do so via GUI, drop it back to
> current date.  I can shove it to some other date, but ntpdate does not error
> when run.

It's probably overkill, but as a last resort you might try inducing a
panic. To do so, I'd create a simple kext and have it do something
"bad." Then, when you're ready to panic, simply do a kextload.

> How can I mimic from an interactive shell exactly what launchd is doing, so
> I know I am on the same page?

I've found the source to be a pretty good place to get answers:

svn co https://svn.macosforge.org/repository/launchd/branches/Leopard/launchd
launchd

David