[launchd-dev] launchd: how is it supposed to be done?

Iceberg-Dev dev.iceberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:17:10 PDT 2009

On Jun 30, 2009, at 12:47 AM, Damien Sorresso wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Iceberg-Dev wrote:
>> I guess the #1 problem is that the Example section (ofd
>> launchd.plist(5)) lacks examples. I understand that you can't put
>> a lot of examples but right now (I'm looking on 10.4.10 so forgive
>> me if it's not totally up to date), there is only one simple example.
>
> The examples you're seeking are a little more involved. The plist
> keys are the easy part. It's the code in the client and server
> (especially with Mach) that gets tricky and is poorly-documented.
>
>> #6908216
>>
>> SampleD
>>
>> Didn't try fixing it since I'm in learning mode and would probably
>> do more damages than anything else.
>
> There's no explanation of *what* is failing in the project build.
> What error did you get? Is a compiler error? Linker error? Missing
> SDK? Don't assume that we'll be able to reproduce your failure;
> everyone has different systems. You should add this information to
> your bug report.

Will do. You just have to follow the ReadMe instructions to fail.

Selene:~ stephane$ cd /Volumes/Work/SampleD/
Selene:/Volumes/Work/SampleD stephane$ cp SampleD /tmp
Selene:/Volumes/Work/SampleD stephane$ sudo launchctl load ./
com.apple.dts.SampleD.plist
Password:
launchctl: opendir() failed to open the directory
nothing found to load

On Mac OS X 10.4.10.