[launchd-dev] About the ServiceIPC key

Quinn eskimo1 at apple.com
Tue Jun 30 04:53:19 PDT 2009

At 13:42 +0200 30/6/09, Thomas Clement wrote:
>I'm trying to figure out when the ServiceIPC key should be used.

You and me both (-:

"ServiceIPC" is definitely not used on 10.5 and later.  You can have
it in your plist if you want, but it does not affect the operation of
launchd.

I believe that, on 10.4.x, if you want to check in with launchd you
have to set "ServiceIPC" but my memory of 10.4.x is kinda hazy.  I
took a quick look at the code and it certainly does /something/,
which is a change from 10.5.x (-:

In summary, I think your analysis is correct.

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware