[launchd-dev] Securing Launch Agents

Quinn eskimo1 at apple.com
Fri May 1 05:06:36 PDT 2009

At 1:53 -1000 1/5/09, Dave Keck wrote:
>Is my request reasonable or am I missing something?

I'm in two minds as to whether your request is reasonable.  It really
boils down to /why/ your daemon is requesting GUI services from the
agent.  What are the consequences of this communication failing?
What does the user benefit from subverting this communication (either
by breaking it, or by given the 'wrong' answers)?  What does your
daemon do when no user is logged in?

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware