[launchd-dev] Working with overrides.plist

Dean Shavit acn-lists-dean at macworkshops.com
Thu Sep 3 09:53:48 PDT 2009

OK,

I think I figured it out.

Here's what I found:

so if you're going to be using the override for a launchagent with
specified SessionTypes, you need to specify a different session type
-  so:

sudo launchctl unload -w -S LoginWindow /Library/LaunchAgents/
com.most.vnc.plist

That sets Disabled to true in the overrides.plist

However, in Leopard, launchctl allowed specifying *any* sessiontype in
the plist to write the Disabled key

so:

sudo launchctl unload -w -S Aqua /Library/LaunchAgents/
com.most.vnc.plist

had the same result. However, in Snow Leopard, it generates an error.
This change was not documented, as far as I can tell. Does anyone
think this requires a bug report?

Thanks again for the pointer Ed.