[launchd-dev] launchd-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 5

Sidney San Martín s at sidneysm.com
Fri Sep 18 12:16:54 PDT 2009

How would a WatchPath help the situation? launchd already starts me
when something tries to connect to the socket.

launchd only reads your plist at startup/login, so changing the
StartInterval on disk will do nothing (unless you know something I
don't).

Currently, if modifying the job in memory isn't possible, I think the
best options are to either run all the time and manage timings myself,
or to modify the StartInterval on disk and fire up a helper tool to
unload/reload my plist (which really should not happen too often). If
clients are connected, they'll be booted out for a few seconds and
reconnect themselves. No big loss.