[launchd-dev] launch_msg(): Socket is not connected error in Leopard

Panagiotis Atmatzidis atma at convalesco.org
Fri Feb 12 16:33:05 PST 2010

Hello,

On 09 Φεβ 2010, at 3:34 μ.μ., Arun wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a setup in which when the Mac reboots, i will be launching a script through launchd.
> This daemon writes multiple plist files in /Library/LaunchAgents and tries to load the same for all the users currently logged in.
> The loading of the agents is failing with "launch_msg(): Socket is not connected".
> However if i run the script in Terminal as root user, the error does not come.
> Any idea why this is happening with launchd triggered script?

Something is wrong with the permissions or the ethernet (even loopback) interface is not up when the script runs. It's not an uncommon situation for launchd.

> Thanks
> Arun KA

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email:	atma at convalesco.org
URL:	http://www.convalesco.org
GnuPG ID: 0xFC4E8BB4
gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xFC4E8BB4
--
The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."