[launchd-dev] Launch daemon not started after migration

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Wed Jul 7 15:08:30 PDT 2010

On 2010 Jul 07, at 13:20, Sidney San Martín wrote:

> My launch daemon is not loaded after Setup Assistant migrates it to a
> new machine. It's loaded just fine after a restart.

I presume you mean your "launchd daemon"

> This isn't strictly within the domain of launchd, but has anyone run
> into specific cases where Migration Assistant does/does not load
> migrated plists in /Library/LaunchDaemons/? If not, I'll work around
> it and file a bug.

I'm not surprised at this behavior.  Your daemon probably has a RunAtLoad value which is triggered when the user logs in.  Assuming that  Setup Assistant creates the account, logs in the user, and then copies files (including ~/Library/LaunchDaemons) to it, the latter will have missed the boat on the logging in and therefore not be loaded.

I would say the bug is that, after copying files, Setup Assistant should change its order of operations, or maybe force a logout/in after it is done.