[launchd-dev] Questions on mixed triggers and calendar triggers

Iceberg-Dev dev.iceberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:01:11 PDT 2010

I've read some WWDC sessions slides, the launchd.plist man page and
I've already made some launchd plists but I'm wondering about the
following points:

- is it possible to define different types of trigger for a launchd
daemon or agents?

For instance, is it possible to launch a daemon both on schedule with
StartCalendarInterval and a mach message? The idea being the process
would be run at a specific time of the day but could also be launched
"manually".

- is there a way to change the StartCalendarInterval values of a
daemon launchd plist (while the launchd daemon is running) with some
kind of launchd APIs instead of Foundation/CoreFoundation APIs? If
you change these values, do you need to unload and then reload the
plist (I would tend to believe so which would be an issue)?

- is it possible tell launchd to re-launch a schedule daemon if the
daemon crashes and not only when the next trigger date is reached?