[launchd-dev] Questions on mixed triggers and calendar triggers

Joseph Jacobs jjacobs at motorola.com
Fri Jul 23 15:40:44 PDT 2010

> Yes. Though why would you want your daemon to run on a timer interval if you can just
>launch it on-demand whenever you need to?

>Why? I'm of the opinion that in most cases, when people use a timer, they're using it as
>a substitute for tracking some state which they cannot track.

	It strikes me as a legitimate choice of presenting the user with the option to have a scheduled task coupled with the ability to trigger on-demand execution whenever desired.  And, yes, it is entirely possible for there to be some external state or processes which could make that the best choice for what is within your scope of control.