[launchd-dev] How to run a few instances of a daemon (agent)?

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Tue Jul 12 02:14:15 PDT 2011

On 29 Jun 2011, at 19:04, Nick wrote:

> I am wondering, if I could run several instances of the same daemon or agent (using launchd).

Within any given context launchd works hard to ensure that at most one process is running for any given job.  If you need multiple processes you have a number of options available to you.  What's the reason for the multiple processes?

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware