[launchd-dev] How to run a few instances of a daemon (agent)?

Nick eveningnick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:04:26 PDT 2011

Hello
By default, launchd starts a daemon or an agent, by doing the following
1) either "launchctl load /path/to/daemon.plist" is executed, or the plist
is loaded automatically when the system starts
2) "launchctl start" is executed (if <string>RunAnLoad</string> is set to
<boolean>false</boolean>

then, only one instance is being run.

I am wondering, if I could run several instances of the same daemon or agent
(using launchd). Would it be possible, or I need to daemonize the process by
myself, using an old unix way?

Thanks,
Nick