[launchd-dev] Skip first execution at start/wake for StartInterval/StartCalendarInterval jobs

Jeremy Reichman jaharmi at jaharmi.com
Thu Oct 20 06:39:22 PDT 2011

I'd like to have a LaunchDaemon with a StartInterval or
StartCalendarInterval, but I don't want it to run at startup or wake ‹
wether or not instances have been missed while the computer was off or
asleep. I want it to run for the first time _later_, x seconds after
startup/wake (and every x seconds thereafter) or at the specified calendar
dates/times.

Can this be accomplished by setting my intervals and then leaving -- or
explicitly setting -- RunAtLoad as false? That's my reading, but it's not
backed up yet by any testing. It'd be good to know if skipping the first run
is the expected behavior and if there are any idiosyncracies in that between
Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion (especially the last two).

Thanks!

--
Jeremy