[launchd-dev] 32-bit Command Line Tool and Launchd on Lion

Dean Shavit acn-lists-dean at macworkshops.com
Tue Feb 28 15:15:09 PST 2012

I've come across a bit of a stumper.

I've got a LaunchDaemon that runs a script every hour. I've updated the script to include a command line tool from a third party, but the tool's architecture is i386 only.

When I run the command in the terminal, as root, after using sudo -s it works fine.

If I run the command in the terminal using /bin/sh [command] it fails with a "cannot execute binary file" error.

If I run the command in the terminal using /bin/sh -c [command] it works.

However, if Launchd runs the script the command fails, but all other commands in the script work perfectly.

I suspect an evironment issue, but I can't figure it out.

Help?