[launchd-dev] privileged process install

Martin Grider martin at code42.com
Tue Jan 31 13:26:01 PST 2012

I'm attempting to install a root process via the methods outlined in the SMJobBless sample project.

I got it working yesterday!

Then today I added a bunch of functionality, tried to add it again, and suddenly I get the following (in the console):

1/31/12 3:17:08.594 PM launchdadd: FAILURE: Could not submit job to launchd.
1/31/12 3:17:08.594 PM launchdadd: FAILURE: Job com.myCom.myApp.helper could not be installed from /Users/grid/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyApp-gsejskndkewqemavjzmiltdpmzhs/Build/Products/Debug/MyApp.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices/com.myCom.myApp.helper, reason 2.

Does anyone know what is this "reason 2"!?!?!? Googling for an hour has not helped.

Most of the things I did were adding linkages and dependencies in the project... only a minimal amount of code was written. I've tried unsuccessfully to get back to the state I was in yesterday. Any clues would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-martin