[launchd-dev] SMJobBless error: kSMErrorDomainFramework error 5 - The tool at the specified path is not valid

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Mon Mar 5 04:53:55 PST 2012

On 4 Mar 2012, at 07:35, Prime Coderama wrote:

> When I run my Preference Pane, I am getting this error:

Errors in the kSMErrorDomainFramework domain are listed in <ServiceManagement/SMErrors.h>.  In this case you've hit kSMErrorToolNotValid.

> I writing a PreferencePane project and created a helper tool to perform actions that required an elevated privilege.

Currently you can only use SMJobBless from an app; it does not work from a preferences pane <rdar://problem/10015856>.

Share and Enjoy
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware