[launchd-dev] kSMErrorDomainFramework error 3 - The client and tool did not match requirements

Prime Coderama prime.coderama at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 04:15:13 PDT 2012

When I call SMJobBless I am getting the following error

> 2012-03-11 21:37:44.021 MyApp[40313:903] Bless Error: Error Domain=kSMErrorDomainFramework Code=3 UserInfo=0x100129c70 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kSMErrorDomainFramework error 3 - The client and tool did not match requirements.)"

I have:
created self-signed code signing identity through keychain of Joe Developer
changed Common Name to Joe Developer in all build settings
changed Common Name to Joe Developer in all plists
setup SMPrivilegedExecutables in application target Info.plist
setup SMAuthorizedClients in helper target Info.plist
embed helper tool's plists in the executable itself by setting up "Other Linker Flags" with -sectcreate, __TEXT, __info_plist and -sectcreate, __TEXT, __launchd_plist
setup Label attribute as "com.coderama.FileCreationHelper" in the helper's launchd.plist to match the name of the executable

Any idea on how to debug this?