[launchd-dev] LaunchAgent suddenly appears in Dock bouncing when CGImageSourceCopyPropertiesAtIndex is called

Kevin Meaney ktam at yvs.eu.com
Sun Aug 11 14:52:23 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I've got a launch agent working and communicating with it using a terminal command nicely. I'm using NSXPCConnection classes.

If I call CGImageSourceCopyPropertiesAtIndex within the launchagent then the launchagent appears in the dock bouncing. Calling CGImageSourceCopyProperties doesn't cause the same issue. I have tried adding to the LaunchAgent's bundle plist the key LSUIElement with a value of YES. This doesn't change the behaviour. The LaunchAgent continues to work properly and the dictionary obtained from calling CGImageSourceCopyPropertiesAtIndex is saved to disk which is what I wanted to happen.

I'm linking against frameworks Foundation and ImageIO.

Any thoughts as to why?

Kevin