[launchd-dev] Can a launchd job get any access to its invoking plist?

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Wed Dec 4 12:05:03 PST 2013

On 2013 Dec 04, at 11:22, Damien Sorresso <dsorresso at apple.com> wrote:

> Why not just set a relevant environment variable or pass an argument that's different in each plist?

I’ve done that, Damien, but like Norman I have wondered why the job’s parameters are not more readily available.  From a shell, you can run launchctl with the subcommand info, and pass the job’s label.  It gives you most of the plist, but not all.  WatchPath is one key I recall which is not included.  And, sadly, I don’t think there is any C API equivalent of launchctl.