[launchd-dev] launchd keeps re-launching my binary in /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Fri Nov 1 04:41:55 PDT 2013

On 1 Nov 2013, at 11:29, Anshul Kothari <ans_nsit at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I am installing a privileged helper tool binary using SMJobBless that will be used to update my application in background without asking for password.

It's hard to say what's going on here without looking into it in a lot more detail.  However, I will say that you shouldn't need to include the RunAtLoad or KeepAlive (or the legacy OnDemand) keys in your plist; launchd defaults to on-demand launching.

If you want to see a working example of this, you can look at the following:

o EvenBetterAuthorizationSample

<https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/samplecode/EvenBetterAuthorizationSample/>

o BetterAuthorizationSample

<https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/samplecode/BetterAuthorizationSample/>

If you still can't figure it out, you should open a DTS tech support incident and I'll look at it in depth.

<https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/>

Share and Enjoy
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware