[launchd-dev] EnableGlobbing no longer supported on OS X 10.10?

Adam Nohejl adam at lokiware.info
Fri Oct 3 00:42:31 PDT 2014

Dear Launchd list,

I use EnableGlobbing in my launchd.plist in order to launch a tool located in a user's directory (this way I can use ~ and I do not need to hard-wire the user's directory path, which can of course change any time, even in OS X[^1]).

On OS X 10.10 GM candidate, the key is still documented in the man page and I can even see a new LAUNCH_JOBKEY_ENABLEGLOBBING in the XPC API diffs.

But in reality, I see this:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (my.bundle.id) The EnableGlobbing key is no longer respected. Please remove it.

Why is the key being removed? Is there going to be any replacement for referring to paths in user's home directory?

[^1]: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1428?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

--
Adam Nohejl, Lokiware
http://lokiware.info